Recipe of Mantuh
Home » Afghan recipes » Mantuh
It takes a lot of time to make Mantuh, This dish is usually prepared for big parties etc.
- Put 1/2kg of minced beef with 2 glasses of water in a pan and warm it up for about 10 minutes.
- After that put the beef in the watering-can and mix it with 2kg cutted onions. (cut of blend it very fine)
- Now add 1Tbs salt, 1Tbs black pepper (powder), 1Tbs korea seed and 1Bush of fresh cutted korea.
- Mix this with the meat. Just by hand.
- Mix 1teaspoon salt with water until it's not sticking anymore and looks like dough.
- Flatten this dough and make small round shapes, just like in the "Ashak" recipe.
- Now make the Mantuh shape, like a flower. Fill inside of this with the prepared beef what you made.
- Put this on a special mantuhpan (=A pan with holes and boiled water in the bottom) for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare it on a dish, spread some (salad)oil over it, yoghourt, black pepper and you finished the Mantuh.