How to make Jelabi
Home » Afghan recipes » Jelabi
A well known sweet thing, Jelabi. This isn't only famous in Afghanistan but in most asian countries.
-1.5 glass of flour
-1 glass yoghourt
-0.5x0.5x0.5cm block of yeast
-Salad oil or sunflower oil
-1 glass of filled cornflour
- Mix 500g sugar with 3 glasses of water and cook this in a pan until it gets a bit solid/liquid. (sticky)
- Take a lemon and cut it in half. Put the lemonjuice on this sugar-water mixture.
- Take 1.5 glass of flour with 1glass of yoghourt, 1 glass of cornflour and the yeast. Mix this very good with a hand mixer. Let this stand 20 minutes.
- Try to get a ketchup bottle or something else. Clean this very good. Put this mixture of flour, yoghourt, cornflour and yeast in it and place the pod on it. Now you made yourself a thing which sprays the ingredients.
- Place salad oil of sunflower oil in a deep fryer. (like making chips) Make this hot.
- Now take your bottle and spray a circle on the oil and some other lines in it. Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- This is solid now. Get it out of the pan and dip this (just 2 seconds) with both sides in the sticky sugar you made in the first step.
- Repeat this and you made yourself Jelabi.