Afghan dish: Ashak
Home » Afghan recipes » Ashak
Ashak, this is simply leek inside dough.
- Cut 4 leeks very fine and wash it. After that, add 2tsp salt and mix it.
- Mesure 4 glasses of flour and add 1tsp salt in it, then add water and mix it until it gets sticky and holds together.
- Make small bulbs of it and make the dough you made very flat. (2mm)
- Use the bottom of a cornbottle or anything else which is round and can cut round pieces of ±9cm diameter.
- When you made the circles in the flatted dough, get the circles and add on one side the leek.
- Fold the other side on this side with leek and you made a moon.
- Take a big pan and pour water in it and the leek-dough-moons (ashak) you made. Set it on a medium temperature.
- After 5/10 minutes cooking. Put the Ashak you made on a dish and add Kofta(look at other recipes) on it. Put yoghourt on it and 1 glass of (salad)oil and finally add the dry mint leaves or mint powder.